Sunday, July 26, 2015

Work, work, and more work.

My plan for today was to go to the beach. Right when I woke up at 7 AM, I was not feeling it at all. It was really cold which is a first.  I was exhausted and did not feel like getting ready. The thought of all the assignments I needed to finish or at least start today made me realize I did not have time to go to the beach. Erin was the only one who went.

The Ratty
Right after, the rest of us decided to sleep a little bit more. We decided to go eat at The Ratty at 11 AM since we could not make it to breakfast.

On our way back we all decided to hang out in the lounge to work on our assignments. I always like working together because if I have a question or need help I can easily ask them. When I work alone I find myself getting distracted a lot and getting bored.

We were all working for hours but they would go by so fast. We took a break in between and played two games Gaby showed us. The second one was really funny. It kind of tested our memory skills. The first one was how quick you can react.

Wendy the hard worker. Diana taking a break
We started working on our assignments again right after. I was working on my homework due tomorrow, the "HeForShe" Reflection. It was pretty interesting to learn about this organization created specifically for guys to support gender equality. For this reflection we had to find a video, tweet, or a quote that was from a "HeForShe" webpage. It was really easy yet hard. There are so many thoughts to put together in one page and it is really hard when you want to mention everything but you have a word limit.

Time was passing by so fast, I did not realize it was time for the mandatory workshop. The girls on my floor and I were all in one room and they had a speaker from Brown rotating every ten minutes telling us a little about themselves, what they study, and Action Plans. It was really interesting that many of their Action Plans actually succeeded. It motivates me more to try to get my Plan as precise as possible for it to be able to succeed.
Diana The Instructor
2nd Floor Squad
The second part of the workshop was to talk to our Fellow Leader and just check in with him to see how everything is going. We actually finished pretty quick and discussed things that needed to be fixed on our floor. The kitchen is so insanely dirty I do not even want to step in there. I really like my Fellow leader. He makes me feel comfortable and he is really nice.
A masterpiece of Deionte, our Fellow Leader
I spent almost the whole day doing work today. Although I would get stressed at certain times, I still had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. I hate those times when they give you a word count. As you may have noticed, I can get a bit long winded when I write.

    I'm sometimes messy but I'm clean. The idea that your bathroom ciliates and kitchens are so filthy does not sit well with me at all.

    Here's an idea for an Action Plan: organize your floor to clean the kitchen and assign responsibilities for keeping it clean. Too much? Okay.

    ReplyDelete