Friday, July 31, 2015

My Last Day in Lab

Thursday morning I woke up excited for class since it was my last day in lab. Also, I was excited to see the results of my second attempt of doing polymerase chain reaction on a specific segment of my DNA coding for the gene: earwax type.

After a prolonged wait, the results showed that not enough product was produced, once again. I was quite disappointed, once again, as I really wanted to do the further steps of purifying my product and getting it sequenced. Feeling dejected, I went to talk to Professor Hall about my results. Professor Hall and I analyzed the reasons why enough product wasn't produced. The reason was that my DNA sample wasn't purified enough. I regretted that I did not carefully purify my DNA last week. I wanted to purify my DNA again, however there wasn't enough time to do it. Professor Hall also told me that success and failure are both part of an experiment and that one learns from both of them. After talking to Professor Hall, I felt much better and felt happy about the fact that I learned from my failure.
I finally got to take a picture with my extremely wonderful professor, Ms. Hall. Professor Hall is one of the best teachers I have had. 
A picture with Emily, the extremely nice TA of class.
Last day in lab. :( 
After lunch with Jackie, I returned to my dorm to pack. Packing took forever, however I got it done. Later Ms. Neal came to pick up my suitcase. 

Around 7:00 PM, I went to Kabob and Curry in the rain to have dinner with Diana, Mahi, and Gabi. Having dinner with them was awesome! We had a great conversation about different cuisines. The food was delicious! We couldn't stop praising our food.
At Kabob and Curry, once again!
So delicious!!!
At a boba shop to fill Gabi's boba craving (after dinner).
After dinner, all of us went to a spoken poetry workshop. I was amazed by the poems everyone presented. Then a shocker hit Diana, Gabi, and me when Mahi presented her poem. I loved Mahi's poem! I can't describe in words how beautiful her poem was. I really enjoyed listening to everyone's work.

Then I accompanied Mahi, Gabi, and Diana to their dorms and helped them place their luggage in Ms. Neal's van. Diana, being a superwomen, helped everyone with their suitcases. Then Ms. Neal gave me a ride back to my dorm. 

I looked over my presentation for tomorrow and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment