Saturday, July 25, 2015

Museums and So Much More

Today I got to sleep in a little bit. I had decided not to go on the Boston trip since we were going to be exploring Boston later. I also decided that I needed some rest and it would have been a very tiring day if I went to Boston. Instead I was going to explore downtown providence with some fellow ILC members then get some homework done and do a lot of work on my action plan. We ate breakfast around nine. 

We decided to go to the RISD Museum first. This is only a six minute walk from campus so we got there in no time and actually had to wait a few minutes before the museum opened. I hadn’t ventured far from the Brown campus prior to this so it was good to get a feel for what providence was like. The museum was really interesting. It had all different types of art and was very open and spacious. I typically am not a big fan of museums but I found this one to be really inspiring. It made me want to sit down and start designing.


Downtown Providence 
After we were done at the museum we walked over to the mall. The walk was fun because we could see a little more of Providence. The mall was big and full of shops and restaurants but it wasn't that different from the malls back at home. Since we don’t have sushi  available in the dining hall I decided to eat it for lunch. We checked out a few shops but I wasn't really in the mood to shop and actually buy anything so Cindy and I just critiqued the clothing and laughed at each other.  

We met up with Ms. Neal so she was able to give us a ride back to our dorms after we were finished with the mall. I was very excited about this because it meant that we didn’t have to figure out how to use the busses. We were all so tired that we wanted to take it easy in the afternoon.

I went to do homework on the main green because I wanted to be outside. It was beautiful out. I have finally gotten used to the heat and love being outside and relaxing on the grass. I spent a good two hours on the grass then I went to dinner at the ratty. Then I headed back to the dorms to do some more work. When my roommate, Izzy, came back we relaxed for awhile then went for a run.

After our run I showered and did some more homework. I tried to relax and have some fun but also get to bed early so that I wouldn’t be too tired for the week ahead. I am really excited to go to the beach tomorrow and hope that it works out so that my friends who are on the waitlist can join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment