Monday, July 27, 2015

A Lot of Work, Some Guilt, Some Fun

Sunday morning was quite complicated. Since Saturday night, I had been debating about whether to go or to not go to the beach because I had work to catch up on. Initially I decided to accompany Erin to the beach, however at the last minute, I decided to not go because I knew that I wouldn't be able to get as much work done as I wanted to at the beach. Feeling awful for abandoning Erin, I returned to my dorm.

For an hour or two, I worked on my blog from Saturday. Then I prepared for Monday's lab by reading the lab descriptions and watching an animation video about Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR).

Soon my roommate Jackie woke up. All of sudden, we decided to go the Cheesecake Factory for lunch.The sudden plan was awesome. Although the prices were expensive, the dishes we ordered were delicious and the cheesecake too yummy. My first visit to a Cheesecake Factory was amazing, however I did feel a little guilty for going over my budget for the day.
On the bus, going to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch.

At the Cheesecake Factory
A yummy slice of Cheesecake
After returning to Brown, I started working on two homework assignments that were due by 10:00 PM. When it was 5:30 PM, I walked to the Sciences Library (also known as the SciLi) to meet up with Eric, Phoebe, and Cam, my PCR project group. The goal for the day was to design our primers for PCR. The task was easier than we thought it would. After the design of the primers was complete, we scheduled times to work on our group presentation on issues in genetics.

Then, I went to buy detergent. After returning to my dorm, Jackie and I went to do laundry. This time laundry was less of a hassle. While the laundry was getting done, I submitted my homework assignments. 

Soon, I met with Diana in front of the Brown book store to give her detergent. Since she had a few minutes before the shuttle arrived to take her back to her dorm, we went to my dorm. Diana met Jackie and we had an interesting conversation about feminism and women in leadership. Jackie told us about how her school is a huge promoter of feminism and shared some funny stories.

When it was time to go, I walked Diana mid-way to the shuttle stop and then returned to my dorm to blog about my day occupied with work and filled with some guilt and fun.

1 comment:

  1. Dang but that dessert looked good. Can't say the same about your main meal dishes, though--looked too much like rabbit food. (Sorry).

    ReplyDelete