Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Living the College Life

After eating breakfast with my cohort, we went to class. It wasn't as hot today as the days before had been. We were still early so we hanged at the bottom lounge of the Watson institute of Technology. We all chatted with a girl from Nebraska named Sarah. She told us a bit of her school and the classes that she will be taking next year. We discussed ideas for our Action Plan as well.  An Action Plan is the project that we are required to ensue because we are in the Women and Leadership course.

After class, we all ate. Esme, Diana, and I ate outside with girls from our cohort and two other girls from Wisconsin, Phoebe and Tyler. They talked about how Wisconsin is very pretty and how they have been friends for a long time. The girls from my cohort told them how there's only In-N-Outs in California. It was interesting to talk to them because they were from a different  state.

Later Esme, Diana, and I left to the Main Green to get started on some work. We all agreed that we were extremely exhausted. We had so much work that we didn't know where to begin. We discussed ideas and hanged on the grass.

We also were required to attend a Listening Skills workshop which was lots of fun. It's interesting how simple things could be so complicated.  Simple things like speaking to someone requires a  lot of  technique. You want to make them feel like what they're saying is important and that they're important.

Soon it was time to head back to class. Our Professor, Dean Almandrez gave a lecture on a few important words that we needed to know (oppression, privilege, etc). I was really interested because I had heard those terms before in a class that I took at UC Berkeley.  The whole time I was listening attentively.

Today was busy but I'm glad that I can relax for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment