Sunday, July 19, 2015

Full Day At Brown

This morning I woke up at 7:00. My cohort and I had decided to meet up at 8:45 to have breakfast at "The Ratty." By the time I got there, my feet were aching. We rapidly finished and went back to our dorms. On the way, I encountered some beautiful buildings.
Beautifully built
Later, we went on a tour. We walked all over Brown and discovered many interesting facts. The heat was intense. It was incredibly hot and it rained a bit. I was dehydrated so I bought a water. The kind tour guide, Jason, briefly informed us about Brown's history.

After the tour, Ms. Neal took us to the bookstore to buy our sweatshirts. It was difficult to choose, but I settled for a burgundy sweatshirt that said,  "Brown" on the back. As we headed out, Ms. Neal, spotted a man carrying a gigantic snake. We followed him because his snake was quite intriguing. He told us about how he has gotten bit 47 times. He also told us about different types of snakes. He knew so many things about snakes. Anyway I didn't get close to him. The snake he was idly carrying weighed 145 pounds.

We checked out our fans as well. We were running late so we had to attend the student/parent orientation with our fans which was a bit embarrassing.  The orientation felt long but I'm not sure how long it was.

It was a long day so I don't recall everything that occurred. I remember the RA meeting. I met a really cool girl all the way from Shanghai. Her name was Jenny. I also met another cool girl named Alice. She was from New York City. She asked me so many questions about California. She said that she wants to someday live in California, because it's interesting unlike Florida she mentioned.

1 comment: