Thursday, July 23, 2015

Trees and Ticks

We had to meet up early this morning for the Challenge Course. I had set my alarm for 6:20 but forgot that I had to wake up early and accidentally dismissed it. I woke up at 7:20; it was incredibly late because I had to check in at 7:30. I hurriedly threw on the assigned clothing which was pants, t-shirt, and tick socks. I grabbed my water bottle and rushed downstairs.

I checked in at the lounge with one of the RAs. Her name was Blair. Once I had checked in, I quickly caught up with Esme and Diana who were walking to the Ratty.

We were running late so I grabbed Cocoa Pebbles. Esme, Diana, and I chatted before getting on the bus. When we got on the bus we had to wait for a girl who apparently went back to sleep. We waited for about 25 minutes. I sat next to Mahi and hoped that I did not fall asleep on the way.

My eyes were threatening to close. I had stayed up the night before until 1 to finish an essay. I was not feeling too well due to the lack of sleep.

Once the bus started moving, I looked out of the window and admired the trees. I couldn't help but wonder what the Challenge Course was going to be like. Why did we need tick socks? Why did we have to bring long pants?

The ride felt long. As I stepped out of the bus, the first thing I noticed was the marvelous green scenery. There was a lake and an abundance of trees. Everyone had to sit down in a circle and listen attentively to the guidelines and rules of the Leadership Institute.

One of the many activities that part of the Women and Leadership class did was the rope activity. We had to pretend that the world was going to end and we had to pass everyone to the other side safely. There was multiple holes and we had to close one after each use. To pass through, every person had to get carried by people on both sides.

The most challenging activity was the the bench and plank activity. My group and I had to figure out how to "sneak" out to a party (not literally.) It consisted of moving the benches around and planning accordingly.

After a long ride, I woke up next to Cindy who fell asleep as well. When I got off the bus I nearly ran to my dorm. I was extremely  exhausted. Once my head hit the pillow, I was gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment