Thursday, July 30, 2015

Practice Practice Practice!

Today during class we were practicing our Action Plan presentations. In my opinion everyone was doing a GREAT job. I'm really glad we had the opportunity to practice because we were able to get feedback. There was even two guests giving feedback as well, Anne Marie and Anthony Mam. They were really nice and respectful. Tomorrow will be the real presentation. I've been practicing all day making sure I really have it down. 

Lunch as a family
During lunch the whole class ate together with Mary Grace and Tory. It was great because we only have like a day left with each other. It's really sad that we have to say goodbye after getting close to each other!  I am really going to miss everyone. 

We discussed a bit about tomorrow and the way we were going to dress. I love how Mary Grace just said to wear something we'd like for a presentation.  Usually people have very specific dress codes. No short dresses, no jeans, no cleavage, fancy shoes. Basically all she said was to wear what we wanted. I really like that about her. She does not judge, she is okay with what ever makes us comfortable. 

Once we got back to the class, everyone finished practicing presenting. Mary Grace took us to the Women's center. The staff members there were really welcoming and nice. They were really supportive with our Action Plans and told us to contact them even if it was just to let them know how everything was going. 
A desk at the Women's Center

A cute little tissue box with fabric from a couch from the 70's
Once we were back to the dorms, the whole time I was focusing on memorizing my presentation. I did not want to say everything at the top of my head because I knew once I saw everyone I was going to get really nervous and forget everything. I am really bad at memorizing stuff but I'm trying my hardest. I really want to do good in this presentation and I am hoping I do a great job. I even practiced in front of Mahi and Diana which was really helpful because of their feedback.

I realized today was going to be our last full day here at Brown and Providence. We packed most of our stuff today and Ms.Neal took it with her. We had a floor meeting to talk about the procedures once we checked out. It really made me sad. This week went by really fast! I really do not want to think about leaving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment