Friday, July 24, 2015

Finally Friday

Once again, the girls and I met up to go to breakfast together. We shared our enthusiasm as we acknowledged that it was Friday.  After multiple days of completing a demanding workload, we celebrated as to more hours of sleep.

We calmly arrived to class and found our seats. Our first task was to discuss the Challenge Course. Some mentioned how difficult it was and how they got to explore different styles of Leadership. I recalled how arduous some of the tasks were.

We also had a guest speaker. Her name was Jennifer and her specialty was aiding people to better their public speaking. She taught us about the many skills that a good speaker must possess. She gave us tips as to the adequate body posture, voice, and speech.

The Ratty




After lunch, we all had to practice public speaking as well. I was not prepared at all. Which resulted  in a horrifying 3 minutes standing up in the middle of the whole class attempting to sound like I knew what I was doing. It was quite embarrassing but I hope that one day I look back at this humiliating experience and realize that this had to happen.

Esme, Mahi, Diana, and I decided to hang at the Quiet Green while we waited for The Ratty to open. We were quite exhausted and ravenous after completing 1 week at Brown. It also started rain soon after.

Later that day, my cohort and I had decided to go to movie night. We couldn't find the building at first but we found it minutes later.  We struggled to find seats that would allow all of us to sit together but we were alright at the end. After what seemed like an hour. Mahi, Esme, Cindy and I decided to go back to our dorms because the night was getting to us.

1 comment:

  1. Wendy, I know that you are exhausted now but just think when you start school in the fall you will be in good shape academically as well as when you go to college you will have a lot of college experience under your belt. When we met I saw how tired you looked but I am happy that you are able to recognize when its time to rest and relax. Always think of yourself when managing your time.Keep up the good work Wendy! It will all pay off.
    By the way, you are correct you needed to get uncomfortable (by speaking for those 3 minutes) because your greatest potential lies outside of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete