Friday, July 24, 2015

Feels like Forever


I walked to the Ratty with Kamri today, and even though we are both pretty directionally challenged, we thankfully didn't get lost. We talked about our siblings and how irritating (and sometimes pretty cute) they could be. After eating, a pancake and some eggs for me, we still had some time before class so I did some work.

After arriving at class we started our pre-writes, analyzing a quote by Leah Douglas. I loved hearing all of the different opinions people had on it. We had a guest speaker who taught us a lot about public speaking. I was very happy to be able to learn so many things from her, and got many valuable tips.


After that it was time for a break, I visited the blue room with Esme, Diana, and Wendy and relaxed while eating a salad, some chips, and a cookie. Soon after it was time for part two of class. We separated into two groups and worked on applying some of the things we had learned from our guest speaker.

We each took turns presenting the basic of our action plan, I talked a little about what I was trying to do (promote awareness about Thalassemia, a genetic disease that is very common in Afghanistan. It was not bad at all being in front of the group, partly because everyone is so supportive.

We decided to hang around the quiet green for a bit since the Ratty didn't open for another hour or so. It started raining a little bit, which was also really nice. Once inside I had some potatoes and lasagna, with soda. We were meeting up with Ms. Neal later on so we went window shopping on Thayer.

I picked up a couple things from CVS and went around Urban Outfitters and a few other stores. We met Ms. Neal at a frozen Yogurt place. It was really nice to see her again. Afterwards we went to watch the Age of Ultron at the school Auditorium.

I had already seen the movie so we left about halfway. I returned to my dorm and talked to Toko, who is from Japan and was feeling a little homesick. It's crazy to know its all almost halfway over, I am incredibly grateful for this brilliant opportunity. 








No comments:

Post a Comment