Friday, July 31, 2015

The End of the Beginning

Today was full of many conflicting feelings. I didn't realize that leaving so many wonderful people behind will affect me so much emotionally and mentally. Each person in my class has made their way to my heart even if we didn't know each other that well. I hope we can't all see each other in the near future.

In class we had a silent activity facilitated by Mary Grace. The activity consisted of five people inside a circle that would tap the people on the outside that had their eyes closed if the statement that Mary Grace said applied to  that person. I really did not expect to get tapped at all but I was in multiple occasions. It really made me think about everyone and how they perceive me differently than what I think of myself. I am very glad  I got to make connections with such cool leaders.

Later, during lunch we went to the Ratty for one last meal. We all sat together with our TA, Tory. She is one of the most amazing people I have ever met in my whole life. We all chatted an made sure we had a way to contact each other in some way shape or form.

We. the ILC girls, took a bit earlier leave to practice our speeches once more before we had to present. We also took some really cool pictures. We were all a bit nervous before we started walking inside the building where the big presentation would happen. Tory gave us some reassuring hugs. We decided to sit towards the middle of the room and watch the whole presentation.

For my presentation I was in group E. We had six students including me and two parents and the facilitator. I was the second person to go up. I expected to feel more tension in the room when people were presenting but it was a very friendly environment. I feel like I did pretty well since I was able to make everyone laugh/chuckle. Every one in my groups had excellent plans that were very engaging. I tried to ask questions and affirm the people that were going up. We did not take long at all to talk about our action plans. Unfortunately Ms. Neal was not able to attend any of the presentations. Even so they were super awesome.
Group E 

After everyone met back at the building where Kisa gave the big presentation, we said our our good byes to our friends, teachers and TA. We will keep in contact! After the sad goodbyes we got the remaining parts of our luggage and headed to return the fans to get the deposit back. We made it just in the nick of time. We also dropped off the dorm keys in the Grad Center.

Ms. Neal dropped us off at the trains station where we waited then decided to go down to wait for our train. It was a bit delayed but it was fine. I took a nap during the train ride. It helped me feel energized. Then we took the subway to Harvard. We had too carry our bags up a lot of stairs. Some people walking by decided to help and it was very nice of them to go out of their way to help us.

We walked to our hotel and by the time we got there I was exhausted. We checked in to our rooms and then we went for dinner to Flat Patties. I wasn't all that hungry so I didn't eat. we then returned to our room and started blogging.

Today was emotionally, Mentally and physically exhausting. I need more time to actually digest what happened throughout the whole day,

No comments:

Post a Comment