Friday, July 24, 2015

The Half Way Mark

The first half of my day was a blur. I woke and my cold had gotten worst. I text Ms. Neal who had offered to bring me breakfast and take me to my class so I could get some more rest. She was very nice and brought me a bagel and some hot tea that helped with my throat as well as bringing me a both of tissues. 

In class we had a small discussion. Shortly after a guest speaker arrived. She talked to us about effective ways to deliver a speech and present. All this was in preparation or our big Action Plan presentation. I got some notes down but not that many. My symptoms get getting in the way of me actively listening. She finished her workshop early so we were let out a bit earlier. Mahi, Esme, Wendy and I weren't hungry so we decided to go to the Blue Room and try to nap. We ended up having snacks.

We went back to class a bit early. Mary Grace told us that the class would be splitting up so each of us could present what we had completed with our action plans. I wasn't fully prepared so I felt like I rambled a lot and didn't make my point clear. Everyone was very supportive in the end. 

After dismissal, the same lunch group and I were hungry to we went to the Ratty but it was closed. It would open at 4 PM. We decide to go to hang out at the Quiet Green, until it started raining! We got up and waited outside the Ratty. They opened and we ate our most needed food.
Outside of  Watson CIT

When we were done, we went on Thayer street. Once again it started raining so we ducked inside the book store. We then went to Urban Outfitters, which upon inspection was very over priced. We moved on to CVS because I needed tissue and the girls wanted snacks for the night. We also went to this store called Pleasant Surprise. As the name would suggest it was a very pleasant surprise. It had from candy to books and they were funny and had a lot of puns and double meanings.

After leaving Pleasant Surprise, we rushed to meet Ms Neal at FroyoLand. She payed for frozen yogurt for all of us. We later walked to movie night. Age of Ultron was playing. Half way through the movie everyone left except Komal and I. We stayed until the movie was over but did not stay for the extra scene at the end of the credits. Komal said bye but not before taking a picture. 
Delicious Frozen Yogurt
To my luck the shuttle was just arriving as I said bye. I flagged the shuttle down and the nice driver brought me home safely. I came in the dorms and cleaned up a bit because it was a total mess. 

Today was a fun day but also tiring because of my illness. It really takes its tolls so I have to make sure to have a lot of rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment