Monday, July 20, 2015

First Day of W&L

I woke up exhausted. I had left the window open the night before so I was a bit cold. I threw off my baby blue sheets and jumped on my feet. A few moments later, I got a Snap Chat from my friend, Jenny from Vancouver and Shanghai. She wanted to hang in my dorm  before meeting up with our RA and heading out to our  first day of class.

Jenny and I ate breakfast at the Ratty. I ate eggs, bacon, and potatoes and drank cranberry juice mixed  with Canada Dry. We headed outside to finally get a taste of Brown life. My teacher's TA, Tori, lead us to our classroom. I sat with my cohort as the class commenced.

We started off with some ice breakers. As we got comfortable, the conversation got deeper and more interesting. We discussed issues about gender, religion, economic status, etc. It's strange. I never really thought about individuals who are mixed with white being considered more beautiful.

After that, we left to our lunch break. I ate with my cohort at the V- Dub. We met up with some really awesome girls that were in our Women and Leadership class. A girl that was from London and a girl that was from Indonesia joined us and we had a pleasant time.

I went to the main green later and hanged with other girls. They all had come from different places which was interesting. We calmly sat on the  grass and talked about the class.
Erin and Ashley
After that, we went to our workshop which was fun. After the workshop, we went to our student orientation. It was a busy day. 

1 comment:

  1. You need to tell us more about all of these exciting new friends--starting with their names. It’s so much more personal to read about Indira than it is to read about a girl from India. Over the next couple of weeks all of these new friends will play an important role on your experience. Share this with us.

    ReplyDelete