Thursday, July 30, 2015

Last Full Day At Brown?!

It is funny how time flies while it still leaves you with this sense that it was in fact a long time. My stay at Brown has been bumpy at times but also incredibly fun. I wish my time here wasn't over but I also want to go back home to see my family. I feel very torn between the two.

This morning I decided to sleep in and woke up quiet late. I got ready very quickly and even made it a few minutes before class started. I did however skip breakfast. It didn't affect me as much as I thought it would. 

The whole day today in class we did presentations. Each member of class got to practice their speech in front of the whole class. Everyone did wonderfully. I feel like I did pretty well. I got very good feedback that I will implement in my actual speech.I surprisingly I'm not that worried about my presentation. Maybe I will be tomorrow morning. 

After class we came to the dorms and packed most of our stuff away. Ms. Neal later came to collect all our luggage. I still have my carry on bag where I've kept everything I need for tomorrow. I also took a quick nap in Mahi's room. We later decided to go to Kabob and Curry for one last time. Komal, Gabi, Mahi and I went and had the best food platters. 

After Gabi wanted milk tea so we went to a sushi lace where they sold it. Then we walked to the Spoken Word group. Everyone there was really good at making and reciting poems. Mahi stepped up and recited a poem she had created hours before. It was beautiful! 

After we rushed to Perkins to give our luggage to Ms. Neal. Komal was still with us. She wanted to check out our much less than glamorous dorms. Quickly after putting our bags in the car we went to a mandatory floor meeting about presentations and when we would be checking out.  I will be presenting in group E. So far I don't know anyone in that group. 

After I came to hang out with Mahi and practice  my speech. Esmeralda also came with me and listened and practiced too. We later retired to our rooms exhausted waiting anxiously for tomorrow. I hope everything goes as planned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment