Sunday, July 26, 2015

One of The Most Awesome Days in the Ocean State!

My thrilling Saturday began by meeting Erin, Esme, Cindy, Diana, Gabi, Mahi, and Wendy at the Ratty. After a fulfilling breakfast, we headed to Rhode Island School of Design Museum.
Waiting for Gabi outside of the Ratty to go to RISD museum!
After a short walk, we arrived to our destination. Since we were a few minutes early, we decided to click some cool pictures.
Soon the museum opened and we headed in to enjoy art. Part of the museum was actually a private house turned into a museum. The portraits, paintings, and sculptures were beautiful. Although this may sound very cheesy, every artwork told a story.

My favorite artwork of the museum. Why, you may ask? Because I love taking pictures.
An interesting figure. 
My mouth became wide open when I saw this room. It's huge! The paintings and portraits in this room are lovely.
Me having an awesome time!
Next we took off to Providence Place, the grand mall of Providence. We all decided to meet up in the food court at 12:00 PM. As the group departed in different directions, I tagged along with Diana, Mahi, Wendy, and Esme. When Diana's feet started hurting, I went with her so she could get shoes. While at Payless, we met Ms. Neal. After Diana got shoes, we went to the food court to have lunch.

Lunch at the food court.
After lunch, Gabi thought of the craziest idea of wearing ridiculous outfits and having a fashion show at H&M. Diana, Wendy, and I were all up for this crazy idea. We all dressed in mismatched outfits and did catwalks.

We are starting a new fashion trend.
As it was about to be 3:00 PM, Cindy, Wendy, Erin, and Gabi decided to head back to Brown to finish work. Diana, Mahi, Esme, and I stayed back to hang out at the mall for some more time.

Mahi got her baby brother a cute bear from the Build-A-Bear shop. 
Once Ms. Neal dropped Gabi, Erin, Wendy, and Cindy to their dorms, she asked us if we wanted to go to Newport. We all said, "Yes!" I was very excited to see the famous mansions of Newport.

After a fun car ride to Newport, we arrived to the Breakers Mansion. The mansion was enormous! After snapping pictures around the gorgeous mansion, we went to the backyard of the mansion. It was less of a backyard and more of a huge park!

The huge Breakers Mansion.


After taking a gazillion pictures, we went on a drive to see around Newport. In a while, we parked near a body of water to toss and skip stones, appreciate the beautiful scenery, and enjoy the chilly weather.


Having stone tossing competitions. I am doing a little dance in celebration for my victory.
As hunger started increasing, we decided to eat. We went to a bustling restaurant called Yesterday's. I enjoyed my meal, however others didn't quite savor their meals as much. The service wasn't great either. After all, we enjoyed our time in Newport.

Dinner at Yesterday's.

Today was one of the most awesome days I have spent in Rhode Island!
Today was one of the most awesome days I have spent in Rhode Island! From left to right: me, Diana, Ms. Neal, Esme, and Mahi.

No comments:

Post a Comment