Monday, July 20, 2015

Exploring the Enormous Providence Mall

Anxiously sleeping is not fun. Although my plan was to sleep in Sunday morning, my anxiety about getting my blog edited and posted from the previous day and completing homework assignments forced me to leave the comfort of my bed.

I quickly began working on my blog and soon got it published. Since my friends wanted to explore the Providence Place Mall today, I wanted to get as much homework done as possible before we left for the shopping outlet. By 2:30 PM, I had completed three out of the four assignments and I was satisfied with my effort.

Soon, Jackie, Andrea, and I left for the mall. We took a bus to Kennedy Plaza. A great thing about the bus system in Rhode Island is that students with college identification cards can travel free anywhere in the state. 
A dark tunnel through which buses enter and leave the campus of Brown University.
While walking the short distance between the plaza and the mall, we saw beautiful historical artwork, the grand statehouse of Rhode Island, and a pleasing view of Providence. Another interesting fact about Rhode Island is that the capital is called the statehouse. I did not know this term until now.
Having fun in a park near the mall!
Artwork commemorated to the 9/11 incident.
The statehouse (not the capital).
The entrance to the grand Providence mall. 
As we entered the Providence Place Mall, we were stunned and bedazzled by its grandeur. We were very excited to start the exploration of the mall, but before we could do that, we decided to have lunch in the enormous food court. After debating between various options, I decided to have Lo Mein, fried rice, and a spring roll. The food was incredible.
Yum, yum, yum!
After being satisfied with delicious meals, the three of us set out to shop and have fun. We encountered a store that had nice outfits and great discounts and decided to do a little shopping. After an hour or so of looking around, I found myself a nice dress for the upcoming Ivy League Connection college dinners.

Soon we headed out of the apparel store as Jackie wanted to look for a nice poster to brighten our room. After searching for quite some time, she found a poster she really liked and purchased it.
Jackie's enlightening poster. 
Before we knew it, the shopping center was about to close as it was about to be 6:00 PM. After a fun Sunday afternoon at the Providence Place Mall, we headed out to the bus station and then took a bus to Brown.
Behind me is the enormous Providence mall.
When we arrived in Brown, we realized that it was 7:26 PM and the V-Dub closes at 7:30 PM. We ran extremely fast to get dinner. Fortunately, we got there before it was time for the entrance of the dining hall closed.

After having dinner, it was time to do laundry. Doing laundry was a chaos. Sometimes we couldn't find change or sometimes we forgot detergent in our room. After a series of problems, we were able to do laundry while finishing homework and preparing for class tomorrow. Around 12:00 AM, we finally finished doing laundry and retired to our rooms.

1 comment:

  1. Every time I read your blogs and see a photo with your smiling face it gives joy to know that you’re ejoying this experience.

    ReplyDelete