Tuesday, July 28, 2015

6 days left!

Last night I made sure I put two alarms so I would not wake up late. I was ready right on time and we left to eat breakfast like every morning. I am getting kind of use to the time change. When we get back to California I am afraid I will be waking up at 4:30AM everyday. 

While we were eating we were watching the news on this TV that is pretty close to the table we aways sit in. They were interviewing these little kids because they were lost in the sea for about 20 hours. We all felt bad for the little kids because they looked so awkward and as if they did not want to be there. Once we were talking about this I mentioned i had been on the news once. They were all really surprised and wanted to know why. 

It was pretty funny now that I think about it. A bus transit went through my backyard, knocking over my sense and into my neighbors house. I was terrified when it happened. They were really curious and wanted to watch the video but, I really did not want them to. I was embarrassed and I did not even remember what I had said since I was really in the moment when they interviewed me. My mascara was running down my face because I was crying. That day I really thought the transit bus had ran over one of my dogs since we could not find her. It was horrible.

Snack
After this we left to class. During class we were able to talk to panelists, Gail Cohee, Shane Lloyd, Joshua Segui, and Tory Sparks. They all had interesting things to say. One of the questions that were asked was what life experience led them to be feminist? It was interesting that they all said they did not necessarily have one life experience. Most of their lifetime they were just always supporting feminist and thought it was the right thing. They also mentioned when being a feminist there are other people who do not have the same opinion with us. It is up to us who we want to argue with and if it is worth it. We have to prepare for complications and find patience. 

Working on Action plans
Mary Grace gave us the afternoon to work on out Action plans. I was really grateful. The whole afternoon we have all been working on them. I really hope we all do a great job on them and continue to work on them when we get back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment