Friday, July 31, 2015

So Many Emotions on the Last Day at Brown

I was overwhelmed with emotions today. I was nervous about my presentation, scared for the final, and sad that it was my last day at Brown. Three weeks have gone by so fast. I feel like if yesterday was my first day. I loved being in my class, working in lab, and enjoying the college experience.

The two people I will extremely miss are Professor Hall and Jackie. Professor Hall was such an admirable and fantastic teacher. She is one of the best teachers I have had. The other person I will truly miss is Jackie. Jackie was such an amazing roommate. She is an amazing person with great thoughts and ambitions. I can't wait to meet her in Boston during the weekend!

My presentation went well. I was happy that my group and I were able to present our research on intellectual property and genomics as we planned to present it. I learned a lot from the classmates' presentations. I never knew much about genetic discrimination, incorrect genetic testing, privacy of one's DNA, gene patenting, and many other issues related to genomics. Through everyone's presentations and my research I was able to gain a lot of knowledge about these recent or ongoing issues in genetics. 

After the presentations, it was time for the...final!  I  was a little nervous for the final, however it wasn't too difficult. I knew the answers to most of the questions. I hope I did well on the final.

After saying goodbyes to Professor Hall, Emily, and my classmates, I came to my dorm to chat with Jackie and finish packing. Soon I went to eat my last meal at Brown. Although the vegan nuggets weren't that great, I enjoyed my last meal at the V-Dub. 
A class picture on the last day of class.
With a sad feeling, I said goodbye to Jackie and met with the rest of the cohort. When I met Andrea, she started crying. After getting very close to both Jackie and Andrea, I felt really sad leaving them. 

After running around for errands, we finally left for the train station. Before we left the Brown campus, we stopped by the Van Wickle Gates to take some group pictures.

Posing in front of the iconic Van Wickle Gates
We all look crazy.
For a second lunch, we went to Chipotle. There, we got an opportunity to talk to Guy Sanchez, a Brown alum and a successful engineer. It was very nice of him to gift each of us a Brown pencil and pen. It was great talking to him about the opportunities available at Brown. I felt very inspired when he talked about his journey being a first generation college graduate. I am very glad that I got an opportunity to talk to him.

Once we got to the train station, we waited for some time for the train to arrive. In the waiting period, we had a photo session and some crazy activities.




I was very excited to have my first Amtrak train journey. The seats were extremely comfortable and everything was just great. Thank you Ivy League Connection for giving me an opportunity to enjoy traveling in a train!
Traveling in a train!
After we arrived in Cambridge, we walked to our luxurious hotel: Sheraton Commander. I am sharing a fancy room with my buddies: Wendy and Gabi. 
Our luxurious room.
We all had dinner at a restaurant called Flat Patties. The food was okay, however the new city experience was great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment