Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Last Monday at Brown

My day began with tranquility, but it was soon interrupted by loud thunderstorms and rapid rain. After a couple of minutes, the serenity returned and the day proceeded as usual.

For a Monday, I didn't have the usual amount of lab work to do. The only lab work I did today was set up two different polymerase chain reactions in which the primer pair of each reaction targets a different genomic locus, one targets PMCT 118 and the other targets PV-92.

Later my polymerase chain reaction project group and I made necessary changes, as advised by Professor Hall, to our designed primers and submitted the primer designs to be ordered.

With the remaining time, my group and I planned out our action plan for our group presentation on intellectual property and genomics. I researched the topic and jotted down notes. I was glad that everything was properly planned and on track.
My table group. From left to right: Eric, Caitlyn, me, and Jina.
For lunch, my friends, Ousmane, Brian, and Eric, and I went to the V-Dub. Throughout the whole time, Ousmane and I had a huge debate about astrological signs.

Friends at the V-Dub. From left to right: Caitlyn, me, Ousmane, Eric, and Brian.
I wonder where the three of them are looking. 
Later, I went to a few workshops. When I returned to my dorm, I worked on updating my room descriptions. Once Jackie arrived from her tennis game, I went to a salsa dancing workshop with her. We had a lot of fun! After returning to my dorm, I worked on my research and later went to Froyo with Jackie for ice cream.
Jackie and I went to Froyo for these delicious treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment