Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Mind Blown.

We spent an hour or more running around on a Brown Scavenger hunt this morning, competing in teams of five. Our team name was Spaulding & Daughters because two of our teammates had the same last name of Spaulding. Here is our cheer:

It was so sweltering that the ice water I started out with was ready to boil tea by the end. After literally running to complete the course in time, our instructor Mary Grace commented that it never needed to be a competition. She warned us to pay attention when we are pitted against others in the future because, often, competition is unnecessary and detrimental to end results. 

Towards the end of the break, we wandered back to the classroom, where we found half of our classmates hanging out. An informal dance party was started. This was particularly fun because many girls knew how to dance in international styles.

We participated in a Trans Identity Workshop with Brown students Victor and Justice. I was really happy that we got to learn what we did and I left feeling more comfortable and informed. 

As you can see below, I spent some significant time working on my Action Plan speech. I am more worried about performing it in front of my classmates and Mary Grace tomorrow than I am about performing it for random parents Friday. 
I would like to leave you with a joke our cohort adapted. 

Question: What did the male cow say to the attractive female cow?
Answer: Moolaaalaaaa! 
Question: How did the female cow respond?
Answer: Stop cattle-calling me!

1 comment: