Saturday, July 25, 2015

We're Halfway There


Sushi
We had plans to visit the mall today so the whole cohort, including Komal, met to eat together at the ratty. It was really nice to see her again and be able to take time to relax, knowing there would be no class to worry about.

We decided to visit the Rhode Island school of design museum. We walked down since it wasn't too far. It was great to explore more of downtown Providence, we got to visit some really cool boutiques on the way. 

Once we had arrived we took some pictures since it didn't open for another 5 minutes. Inside I explored most of all of it. There were some incredible pieces on display. It's amazing how art can affect you.

I loved looking around at each of the different rooms. One rooms walls were covered in paintings, another had featured greco-roman art, another dedicated to contemporary pieces. There was even a garden!


We walked to the mall, getting to see the outside of the state house. I went to a couple stores and bought a few things. We paused for lunch, I ate some delicious sushi. Then we resumed shopping.

I bought my brother a present and we met up with Ms. Neal. Cindy, Gabi, Erin, and Wendy had already left. Ms. Neal asked us if we wanted to visit Newport, to which we very excitedly agreed. We saw a bridal party taking photos on the way. 
One of the Mansions


We saw an injured butterfly on the side of the street on the way to dinner. Diana moved it off the street, we decided to eat at "Yesterday's" a small restaurant in Newport. It took a long time for us to get a seat.

I ordered a Chicken Herb Sandwich. It wasn't awful but the chicken was pretty under cooked and was covered in yogurt. They didn't have time to fix it but I ate the french fries which were really good and filled me up

Newport
My Sandwich

After eating we stater towards the dorms. I said goodbye to Ms. Neal and Komal and started some homework and my action plan. Tomorrow we are going to the beach which should be awesome! I can't wait!

 The ride there was awesome! We toured the outside of Breakers  Mansion, a huge house next to the water. There was a giant yard and a great view. It was so much fun, we took pictures and had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment