Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Adventure Time

The first thing we did in class today was have a scavenger hunt all over campus. I was actually really excited about it even though it was extremely hot outside. We were split into groups and each one had a name. My group's name was Justice for Cecil. Cecil was a famous African lion who was killed by an accused American.

I felt like everybody including me were just thinking about winning. Never did I think it was a way Mary Grace to teach us a lesson. Everybody ran as soon as they received the paper and did not even try to plan out anything.

Team Justice for Cecil 
As soon as we stepped outside the CIT building I felt the heat. My team was really trying to win so we were running everywhere. We were all dripping sweat and running out of air. For a second I felt as if I could not keep up. I did not want to be the one to keep them from losing so I kept on going. Ashley, one of my team members, was really good at keeping all of us motivated. 

Random family we had to take a picture with
The whole time I was 99.9% sure we were going to win. We were trying our hardest and trying to plan out where we were going to go first. It was really fun we were even able to have like 5 second conversations with people we did not even know. 

Once we arrived to the classroom we had to show Tory our pictures so she could check off everything and make sure we were not cheating. The whole time I was right! We won the scavenger hunt. Unfortunately we did not seem as excited because of how exhausted we were. I was laying down on the floor because of how tired I was. The good thing is we all made sure we stayed hydrated the whole time! 

Mary Grace mentioned that this activity was about being able to work as a whole team and look at things differently not just the outcome. We did the exact opposite because each time were finding ways to make the other team lose. We were all focused on the outcome which was winning. Nobody payed close attention to what this activity really was about. Even I was surprised when she mentioned this because she was totally right. Sometimes we have to look at things in a different way and focus on different things.

The second section of class we had two guest speakers, Justice and Victor. I learned a lot of things from them. It is insane how we only think there are two genders, female and male. There are all these other terms you can identify yourself with. I think it is unfair how this information is not brought up to us at all. This type of information should be brought up to as at an early age. I feel as if people try to keep us away from it because of the misinterpretations. 

The whole day it was super hot. I did not have energy to do anything. Gabi, Wendy, Diana, and I met up at Mahi's room to practice on our Action Plan Presentations. It is actually a bit harder than I thought but I am sure I will be fine. Just need to practice a couple more times and I will be good! I am so glad I brought flashcards, they really came in handy. Tomorrow we will be practicing all day! Really looking forward to it so I can be as prepared as possible for Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment