Thursday, July 23, 2015

A Mighty Day and a Mighty Long Day

I got my camera back late this afternoon! Whew. I am becoming attached to taking photos with a real camera. I did attach yesterday's photos to it's blog, if anyone is interested in checking them out.

I went to our TA Tory's office hours today and asked for help on my essay, and also asked her about her Oberlin experience. Our conversation led me to thinking about applying to Oberlin seriously. One thing she said that I loved was that the theater there was socially conscience. Although I don't need all of my performing to be through that lens, it is important to me. I was glad I went in and talked to her because I will feel easier about going into office hours in college. Not to mention I gained valuable knowledge and free Oreo's.
My character, Zach, had a ponytail beard and two hot women who refused to fetch him meat-filled sandwiches.  
We acted out gender stereotypes today in class (see photo above). I had a lot of fun and laughed a lot because our class is quite creative and hilarious. Later we watched a documentary I had seen before: Miss Representation. I was able to watch it again with greater understanding created by few days here. 

We had a diversity workshop today. It was more about how we identify ourselves, and what identities we hadn't explored yet. It got heavy in a short two hours, but I think the group became closer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment