Sunday, July 26, 2015

Drowning in Classwork

I was very excited to go to the beach today.  I woke up at 7:00 and was initially going to meet Gabi down at the ground floor to go to the beach. However, I ended up not going. I realized that there was work to get done. I strongly abhor procrastinating so I decided that it'll be a good idea to stay in and catch up. I was drained of energy. I really didn't have enough stamina to go out today. I ended up sleeping in a few more hours.

The girls and I all slept in a few more hours so we didn't go to breakfast. Instead we all met up for lunch at eleven. It was quite peaceful realizing that it was Sunday and we didn't have class. We still had a busy day, however. 

We all were and still are, exhausted as to the rigorous workload thrown at us. We decided to take a day off and work on our classwork and homework. We hanged at the lounge for a while and decided to take a break after. During the break, we went outside. Gabi taught us some games to ease the boredom and to forget about the work that needed to get completed. 


After hours of working, we all went to grab dinner. I chatted with Diana, Esme, and Mahi. I realized that I was supposed to meet my RA in fifteen minutes. I quickly put my dish away and hurriedly left The Ratty to meet up with my floor at Perkins. I arrived just in time. Unfortunately, my card didn't work as I was trying to enter the building. Luckily, I still made it on time. 

Jackie, my RA walked my floor to the building in which we would discuss more about our Action Plans. Some very kind and informative people came in to speak to us about their experience with large community and humanitarian projects. They were very helpful since we are all very stressed out due to this large project. 

After the informative meeting, I hung with my friend Jenny. It was quite dark and I didn't want to walk to my dorm on my own. When I got to my dorm, I continued working on my classwork and ate chocolate chip cookies. 

It was nice to finally rest for a bit. Now it's off to bed and another day of Women and Leadership. 

1 comment:

  1. From reading these blogs it seems that sleeping in was the order of the day.

    ReplyDelete