Saturday, July 25, 2015

Happy Saturday!

Today we all had the opportunity to sleep in. We went to eat breakfast at the Ratty around 9AM. After, we left to Rhode Island School of Design Museum.
While waiting for them to open... Photo session!
It was amazing. There was really cool art pieces and statues. I am not really an art type of person so I really did not get the real meaning of the pieces. They were pretty unique and worth a lot I assume, since there was a staff member in almost every room monitoring everything. There was this piece that had some holes in it. The holes were made by the person's tongue. I thought it was pretty gross. The statues were also unique, nothing like what I have seen before. Some were really small while others were way bigger than me. There were dining rooms which looked really fancy. I really liked the design on every furniture. 
Crayon Hearts
"Can you repeat that again?"


One of the things that really caught my attention was these lights that read, "Happiness is expensive." It really caught my attention because if you think about it, nothing really is free. The second thing that caught my attention and I really liked was this piece of art of a dragon fly, flying towards a lit up flower. It was really nice in my opinion. 
$$$$

Beautiful Lights
Fancy Everywhere

White on white
After the  RISD Museum, we started walking to the mall. On our way over there we stopped by a store. It was RIDICULOUSLY over priced. A see-through scarf was $75. A little tiny wallet was more than $100. They were not even all that nice which really made me question the price. I did not even recognize the brand. 

We started walking to the mall again. I spot it from far away. It was huge and it looked really nice! It was a multilevel mall. 
Almost there!



Shopping time!
The girls and I split up into two groups and decided to meet up at the food court and get something to eat with Ms.Neal at 12PM.  We went to the stores Francesca's, Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, Hollister, Abercrombie and Fitch, and H&M. 

YUMMY
I realized that Mahi and I's style is very alike. We ended up buying the same shirt without even noticing. We found ourselves liking the same things very often. I found that really cool. We were both wearing converse, we both picked the same Brown hoodie, we were wearing stripes today, and we now have the same shirt that we bought. 

Once we were at the food court there was many mini restaurants to choose from. We all got different food. I got Popeyes even though I really wanted to try sushi. I was afraid I was going to get allergies so I did not risk it. 

After a while Ms. Neal took Erin, Gaby, Cindy, and Windy back the dorm since they wanted to work on their assignments. Ms. Neal came back to pick us up and Mahi, Komal, Diana, and I decided to go to Newport. We were all really excited. 

On our way to the car we saw a beautiful bride. Her dress was amazing and I had never seen a limo like the one she had. I really hope she had a great wedding! 

Ms. Neal took us to walk around the Breakers Mansion. I could not believe what was right in front me when we arrived. The houses were HUGE. They did not even look like a houses. It looked like several apartments put together! The backyard looked like a park which was insane. I really could not imagine someone living there. 
Newport Mansion
We had a really good time sitting in the backyard and attempting all kinda of poses for pictures. 
1...2...3... JUMP!
The Backyard

After the mansions we left and started searching for a restaurant. We were all starving but couldn't help to take pictures with the beautiful view. 
Throwing Rocks
We ended up eating at a place called Yesterday's. The food was not the worse but not the best either. I ordered a hamburger with french fries. I really enjoyed the french fries. I can never go wrong with that. One of the waiters was actually pretty rude. Mahi's sandwich was not cooked properly and she wanted them to reheat it. He told the other waiter she was going to have to deal with that. Ms. Neal mentioned that to our actual waiter and she took her sandwich off the pay check which did not really fix things in my opinion.

Unfortunately we had to head back to the dorms since we have a curfew. I just finished my homework assignment for my class and now getting ready for the beach tomorrow! I am really excited.


I had a great time today with the girls and Ms.Neal. I feel like each day we get closer and closer. It really is a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment