Thursday, July 30, 2015

A Day Away

Gorgeous statue at the Womens center
Today was our last full day at Brown, I'm not quite sure how to feel about that. I suppose it hasn't really set in yet. Since I went to bed very late last night, I overslept this morning. I woke up around 8:25 this morning me only 20 minutes to get ready. I wasn't able to get any breakfast but I had a few Milano cookies which were delicious.

We spent all of class today practicing our action plans. I was going to be presenting later on so I spent the first half of class listening to the other girls' action plans and giving them advice and feedback. We then broke for lunch, where we went to the Ratty with Mary Grace and Tory. It was great to be able to spend a little more time with them before we have to leave.

I just had a burger, some fries, and a small salad. We then returned to class and soon enough it was my turn to present. I wasn't nervous,  per se, I was just a little anxious. Although I didn't feel super articulate and had to look at my note cards more that I would have liked too, it didn't go bad at all.

Komal and Gabi
After all the presentations, Mary Grace took us to the Sarah Doyle Womens Center. I loved the atmosphere inside there, it was calm and cozy, open and full of books. I could imagine happily spending a lot of time in there. There was plenty of space to sit down and relax, a cute little kitchen, and a conference room. We returned to Perkins where I packed up my suitcase since Ms. Neal was coming for it later. I also wrote a spoken word poem I was planning to recite later on during poetry club. Gabi, Diana, and I decided to go out to dinner. We met up with Komal at Kabob and Curry and had a great time!

My delicious dinner

It was very hot and humid today and it even rained a little bit! After dinner we attended the spoken word meeting, some people recited beautiful pieces and I got to recite mines which I am really glad I did! We walked to Perkins, hauled our luggage down the stairs and into the van and went to our community meetings. My l-f, Jeff, went over a couple things pertaining to where to drop off our keys and the likes. I went over my action plan presentation a few more times before falling asleep, exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment