Thursday, July 30, 2015

1 more Day!

Today in class, we had to rehearse for tomorrow's final presentation. I decided to sign up for the first session. The second session was going to commence after lunch. I took in consideration that I actually get more nervous if I wait until last to present. It is better to just do it and get it over with. I was glad that I didn't wait until last. 

I didn't have time to prepare my flashcards the night before because I was so busy and ended up sleeping until 1. I could have stayed up longer to prepare them but then I would have stayed up until 2 and I was not willing to sacrifice the little sleep I get. In the morning, I was glad that I ended up putting my sleep before my work. 

At the Ratty, I attempted to write on some of my flashcards with no success. I kind of rushed in class while other girls were presenting. When it was my turn, I nervously walked to the middle of the class and shared the details as to my Action Plan. It wasn't so bad. Sometimes you have to just do it and not care about the butterflies swarming inside of your stomach. Something that always helps me feel better is telling myself to not to care and to not think about it. 

My classmates also gave me feedback. I realized that my pacing back and forth was distracting. My mouth also got quite dry while I was up there. Fortunately, no one noticed. I was so relieved when I got the chance to sit down and rest for a bit. 

After the first half of class had passed, my classmates and I had lunch with Mary Grace at the Ratty. As you may or may not know, the 2-week Women and Leadership course is coming to an end. In about
2 days we will all be going our own way.

  Mary Grace took us to the Sarah Doyle Women's center as well. My classmates and I explored every room. I went upstairs to check out the library which was pretty cool. I took my time admiring the furniture as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment