Saturday, July 25, 2015

Happy Friday

Friday morning I woke up with a dejected feeling. I can't believe I will be leaving Brown in a week.

To uplift my spirits, I decided to have pancakes and watermelon. Breakfast worked like medicine.

In class, I ran a gel electrophoresis of the recombinant plasmids of my cultivated bacteria and other solutions I had created in my week-long experiment. The results were beautiful and I was very happy with them. My experiment was successful.
My beautiful results.
My friend Ousmane's gel under UV light. Isn't it gorgeous?
Olivia and other classmates putting their gels under UV light to get their results.
The front view of my class from my chair.
My weapons.
After eating lunch at the Ratty, I returned to my dorm to finish my blog from last night and work on homework. Most of my day was a work day.

In the evening, I decided to go to a workshop called Exploring Race and Ethnicity. The discussion was of how different ethnicities are portrayed in Hollywood and media. The discussion was very interesting. 

With my friend Carol, I went to the Ratty to get dinner. While getting dinner, I got a call from Ms. Neal. Oh snap! I was suppose to be at Froyo for a short group meeting to plan out the activities for the weekend. I had completely forgotten about it and I ran to Froyo with my dinner in my hand.

Once getting there, we made plans for the weekend. Then all of us left for movie night. After getting lost several times, we found Meltcalf Auditorium, where Avengers: The Age of Ultron was playing. 

After the movie.
Being a fan of Avengers, I loved the movie. I had an awesome time with all the girls. I am looking forward to tomorrow when we explore Providence.

Hanging out with Andrea in my dorm after the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment