Monday, July 27, 2015

All About Action Plans!

Last night I could not sleep because of the thunder and lightening. I was terrified. This morning I woke up REALLY late. I had to get ready in 5 minutes. Even though I woke up late I was still able to make it on time to class which was a relief. 

During class, we had a discussion about who we considered great leaders. We all had to pair up and talk about it. I thought Emma Watson was a really good leader since she is trying to encourage males into the gender equality fight. Usually females are the only ones fighting for it and she really is making a change by informing many people about it. 

After we discussed it with out partners, Mary Grace wrote most of the leaders we all thought about on the board. She was actually pretty surprised and glad we mentioned female leaders. She said this is the first time a class she teaches does that. They always say MLK or other male leaders. It really made me glad that we did mention female leaders because they are finally being recognized. 

The activity after this involved reflecting on certain images Mary Grace put up. Most of the images made me upset with the way society was. Everyone is so judgmental. One of the images was an article who's title was about a woman who was shot yet all they talked about was her husband whom was an astronaut. Of course being an astronaut is more important than getting shot and being close to death, right? 

White Mocha
Once it was lunch time, Mahi, Diana, Wendy, and I decided to go to Starbucks and get something to eat. Eating the same thing everyday at the Ratty gets kind of old. I got a hot white mocha and a delicious blueberry muffin. They are my favorite. It was really cold outside so that is why I got a hot drink. We decided to just go back to the CIT building which is where our class is located and just eat there. 

The whole time we were there we were talking about our dreams, scary stories, and our beliefs. Some of the stories being told were terrifying. One of them was about little kids having the ability to see ghosts. I was really creeped out. In my mind I came to a conclusion, I no longer wanted anything to do with little kids. I knew I was not serious about it though. 

Mahi did not fit in the picture. :-(
Working on action plans.
It was time to go back to class so we did. We had an activity where we got the opportunity to learn more about each other. We were in a circle. Tory was going to mention a phrase and if we related to it in some sort of way we had to take 3 steps into the circle. I thought it was amazing how just 3 simple steps forward gave me the opportunity to learn so much about the girls there. It made me realize how fortunate and unfortunate I was. Some girls took it really deeply. I really did felt the need to give them a hug or something so they would know they were not alone.

At 4PM we had a mandatory workshop. We all had to choose where we wanted to go. I decided to go to the Action Plan one since I really want to get it done before time. I am really glad I chose that one because i got most of it done. Now I need to write at least one more page and go over it. I am actually enjoying writing it and putting all the details together. It makes everything really realistic and since Diana and I are working on it together it motivates me more. 2 heads are better than 1! 

Hard work
Now we are all busy still working on our action plans. Hopefully we do not get super stressed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment