Friday, July 10, 2015

The Time Has Arrived

Tomorrow is a big day.

Until two weeks ago, I was anxiously waiting for this day. Now that I only have a few hours left, I can’t believe that this is already happening. Tomorrow I will finally depart for my Ivy League Connection journey.

An amalgam of emotions have developed as the time for my departure to Providence, Rhode Island has arrived. My anticipations and imaginations for the next few weeks are racing through my mind. I am enthusiastic and nervous about being a collegian at Brown University and attending the DNA Based Biotechnology course. Although the textbook for the class seems a bit intimidating, I am thrilled to perform hands-on laboratory experiments. I can’t wait to explore Providence and other places that I will travel to with my cohort. Among this exhilaration, I will really miss my parents and my friends.

Whenever I think about tomorrow, a colossal smile spreads across my face and my stomach feels weak with anxiety. Although there are many things that I could be worrying about right now, such as incomplete summer assignments, rusty tennis skills, my cluttered room, and a few chores, my mind has decided to block them out as the excitement for tomorrow has overcome all other worries.

All preparations for tomorrow are complete. For weeks, I have been packing, preparing, and organizing. While packing and shopping, indecisiveness in choosing among different options was a common issue. A messy room was another problem. Finally my packing is complete and the itinerary is confirmed. 

With a fusion of feelings, I am ready to go, learn, and have a lot of fun.
I am ready to fly to Providence!

1 comment:

  1. Somehow ‘fun’ and ‘DNA/Microbiology’ don't seem to go together. But when you’re outside of class you’ll have some fun. Brown’s that kind of place.

    And when the Brown-II cohort arrives you’ll be the Brown expert so you can impress them with your knowledge and experience.

    ReplyDelete