Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Unforgettable Journey

This trip awoke in me a mixture of feelings. I felt scared, excited and everything in between because I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know how hard the class was going to be. I didn't know if I was going to make any friends a long the way or if I would fit in at school.

I remember looking up Brown University and thinking, "Wow I hope to one day go there." This summer I got the chance to do so. The process was extensive totally worth it in the end. Being away from home for this long period was very hard for me. It was the first time I have ever been on my own so far away from home. This helped me expand my comfort zone. In the future I won't be afraid of traveling alone or staying in a unknown place. 

Once I started getting accustomed to the weather and the people in my program, everything was much better. I could actually approach people and ask for help or just  simply said hello. This made me be able to adapt to situations faster and more efficiently. 

My TA and my instructor were huge resources in my stay at Brown. I'm sure they will keep being resources even if we are not taking W&L anymore. They taught me how to unlearn things to help my my thinking more broad and less biased. They also helped me with my writing and put forth great ideas concerning my Action Plan. 

Another great experience that I got from this trip was visiting prestigious universities. I now see why everyone wants to attend Harvard. Or why everyone says that Yale is a bit over the top. Their architect was crazy! I also saw the wonderful campus Wellesley offers to its students. This opened up my opportunities of applying to colleges that are very well know all over the world .

No comments:

Post a Comment