Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Beautiful, Brightly Blue Day of Blogging

This photo is proof of both merriment and sun.
Picturing Aisha Asif
This Saturday blogging tutorial was not only beautiful and brightly blue, it was also beneficial.

My day began with my alarm clock blaring a song from the musical Grease, "You're the one that I want, (you are the one I want) ooh ooh ooh, honey!" It succeeded in waking me. I shuffled into the kitchen, and after making myself a toasted bagel and cream cheese, I sat down to create my blogger profile. 

Except for not inserting a head shot, I finished just in time to take a quick shower and jump into the car. My mom drove me first to Cerrito Dance Arts Center, where we picked up my younger sister, and immediately after, to DeAnza High School.

I arrived early in time to see some of the morning session bloggers leaving. I waved to my friends Deborah and Joanne before heading into the computer lab.
She said smile when I said smile. This is Hummd Alikhan.
Inside were many desktop computers, a large hanging projection screen, and endless supplies of original and grape redvines. As ILC members started arriving, more and more introductions were made. Everyone was welcoming and friendly, cracking jokes and offering helpful information.  
  
Don encouraged us to sit towards the front, and subsequently handed us large packets of paper, covering ever possible aspect of the ILC from behavior to what size font we should use when blogging. 

We spent some time going through the packet, before trying a practice blog. We were allowed to write anything we please, as long as our formatting was correct. My three short paragraphs filled with tongue twisters was approved. 

Shortly after, we transitioned into the photography aspect of blogging. We excitedly headed outside into the warm sunlight, armed with cameras and new knowledge on how to best take a photo. Taking photos is an understandably weird but fun way to get to know new people. 

I glanced at the time, and was startled to find I had only ten minutes to successfully upload the photos to my desktop. After quickly checking to make sure I had enough photos, I skipped back to the computer lab, where Don taught us how to put photos into the blog, and how to download pictures to a photo storing device called MediaFire. We ended the session by covering more expectations, and learning how to use a computer lock.  

Writing this blog was fun, and I think I will enjoy blogging every day during the summer, even it means I must lose some sleep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment