Saturday, March 28, 2015

4 Hours with Don and His Relatives

Today I woke up feeling a little anxious about the morning tutorial session with a few of the Ivy League Connection members. I knew, based on the e-mail Don sent us, that the girls I knew from my school were attending the afternoon session. As I arrived I entered the class and felt welcomed by some of the members that were already there. I really do not understand why I was feeling so nervous in the first place. Everyone arrived and they were all so companionable.



Once Don started explaining everything that appeared to be in a packet that was handed out, I began to feel confused. My packet seemed to be different from the girls sitting next to me. Had I received the wrong packet? Was I missing a page? All these questions in my head and no answers. Right when Don indicated to turn to page 2 I realized all of my sheets were out of order. Right then and there I felt a sign of relief. 




Everything was going great afterwards until the WiFi started malfunctioning. At this time we all had the chance to meet Don's relative, Frustrated Don. Although he was pretty upset about the WiFi, he still managed to tell some jokes. One of the guys got a hold of an administrator and managed to obtain another account to log in. It wasn't all that great but it was better than before. We continued discussing all the instructions in the packet. Even though I was a little overwhelmed about all the specific instructions on how to blog, the formatting, font, indentations, and spacing, I realized it wasn't difficult afterwards.



Right when it was time to capture some pictures, I noticed I didn't have a way to upload the images. Thankfully Don, the lifesaver, had an external memory card reader. Everyone had a chance to get to know each other a little more while we captured random pictures. 



During the last hour I was surprised about all the things we had to bring to the trip with us. I would have never thought it would be useful to take a power strip, an Internet cable, and a laundry bag. Thank God for this tutorial session! It was extremely helpful and made me feel a lot more confident about the trip. Not only did I learn a lot of information, but I got to meet friendly new people. Now more excited than ever to attend the Women and Leadership course at Brown University!
"The Crew" 


No comments:

Post a Comment