Saturday, March 28, 2015

Feels like Summer

It was a beautiful day today, as we anxious ILC'ers gathered at DeAnza High School to go over blogging protocol and the basics of  the journeys we will be taking this summer. Once everybody arrived, had grabbed some snacks, and were seated, we started introductions. While there were many new faces, I was happy to see some old friends and classmates. We also received (surprisingly heavy) packets chock-full of answers to some of the questions I had been wondering about for the past few days. Being a very organized person, I was very very happy to see a packing list at the end.

Don taught us a few photography tips and tricks, like the importance of making sure the camera isn't wavering and how to create an efficient organization system for photos. There were some problems with the WiFi that wasted some time, but they were for the most part eventually resolved. We got to take some pictures (as shown below), which we then uploaded and played around with. The overall atmosphere of the session was very amiable and I often found myself laughing at jokes told by Don. I was pleasantly surprised at how much less serious it was then I previously thought, and how friendly everyone was. 

Before we knew it, it was time to go. We got our medical cards and ID cards scanned, and people started to leave. I learned a lot about our trip this summer, and I'm more exited than ever to attend Brown. I cant wait to meet the rest of my cohort and attend future ILC events, most importantly however- I cant wait for summer to come!
Me, courtesy of Gwennie.
Helen and Tamika

No comments:

Post a Comment