Saturday, March 28, 2015

A Peek Into the Future

Most Saturdays, I sleep in for a plentiful amount of time. I am trying to make up for the lack of sleep that comes during the last week of the quarter, when grades are due. This morning, however, I woke up at 7 with an important event waiting for me.

At about 8:10 AM, I left my house to go to my school. Today was an especially significant day, as today was Tutorial Day for the Ivy League Connection program. I arrived at 8:25, extremely attentive to the time, as I did not want to be the victim of Don Gosney's Don't-You-Dare-Be-Late Policy. 

After a good hour of frustrations at trying to get the computers to connect to an internet network, we were able to get a lot of information regarding the trips to our respective universities this summer. The meeting didn't feel like a formal, uptight one, but rather a friendly get together. I conversed with new faces and felt reassured by the kindness at everyone who I spoke to. 

At the Tutorial, we were given tips on how to blog, how to photograph, how to travel, and how to act throughout the length of the program itself. At the meeting, I began to fully understand just how much I was going to have to plan in order to get to Brown University this summer Attending this prestigious Ivy League school was going to be challenging.

There are many norms and expectations to meet in order to be a part of the Ivy League Connection program, but I know for sure that once I am on the plane heading east, all the work will have been worth it.

De Anza High School

No comments:

Post a Comment