Monday, April 6, 2015

Blogging about Blogging

This morning I woke up bright and early so that I would have ample time to prepare for my ten o’clock blogging tutorial with Don. As soon as I woke up I checked my email to make sure that I had all the necessary items for the tutorial. Then I mapped directions to the Pinole Library on my phone so that I would know the route.

At this point I still had an hour left before I needed to leave so I gave myself some time to relax and eat breakfast. At 9:15 I decided that it was time to leave so I grabbed my dad and rushed out the door. 
Luckily, we arrived early so I had time to double check that I was in the right place before Don arrived and the Library opened. As soon as they let us into the doors we found a nice place to sit and began learning right away.

First we went over some general blogging basics. Then we made some practice blogs. This was fun for me because I had not had any experience with blogging before and I enjoyed being able to think creatively. Don then gave us a lot of helpful tips on using cameras and taking photos. I learned a lot about the technical side of photography and a lot of helpful organization and editing tips. Don also showed us some cool pictures that he had taken which made the whole experience more interesting.

The most fun part was testing out these new picture-taking skills. We wandered around the library and went outside to see what we could find to take pictures of. The parking lot was not particularly photogenic but there were some nice trees that made our pictures more interesting.

After we had downloaded, edited, and practiced inserting the photos into our blogs we moved on to learning more information about the program. Don told us more about what is expected from us at the dinners and meetings and gave us a lot of information on loner items and trip preparations. We were able to learn more about how the entire process works which made me much less anxious about the rest of the program.

Overall the tutorial was extremely beneficial. I learned so much at the tutorial. I feel much more informed about and prepared for my summer experience. It was also a lot of fun to meet some of my fellow ILC members. 

No comments:

Post a Comment