Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Last Night's Sumptuous Dinner

When I arrived from school, I immediately ran to my room to get ready. I made the mistake of not preparing my outfit a day before. I was anxious because I sensed that something was going to go wrong. It all began with my dad going to the wrong BART station. Fortunately, I still arrived on time. 

At the BART station, my dad and I met my chaperone Ms. Neal. We introduced ourselves and conversed about how thrilling my experience at Brown University is going to be. As we discussed, more ILCers arrived.

The ride on BART was quite crowded. I sat with Ms. Neal, Esme, and Esme's mom. We spoke about scholarships and universities. I mentioned that for the first time, I won't have to look at pictures from Google. This time I'll be able to feel the air of Providence, Rhode Island.

Once we arrived at One Market restaurant in San Francisco, I was stunned by the towering buildings, the dazzling lights, and the exquisite restaurant where a few moments later, I would be dining with not only alums of Brown but sponsors of the ILC as well. I thought to myself, "This is goals." I said that because I realized that- that's how I want to live in the future. I don't want to struggle. I want to be able to take my parents out to eat to a restaurant as sumptuous as One Market restaurant. Not to mention that I don't go to San Francisco much and especially not to restaurants like these.

As the mingling commenced, I got the chance to converse with Simon Hong. He elaborated on how Brown is diverse and how he was certain that I was going to absolutely love it. At the same time, I enjoyed the flavorful boneless chicken wings and the mini cheese burgers. By the time the main plate was served, I was already full!

I also spoke to Jonathan Speed and Margaret Tormey. They described their experience at Brown and how they both met at Brown as well. It was interesting to hear them talk about their thirty-five year old friendship established at Brown of course. I was caught off guard when I had to stand up and introduce myself however. It went well though.

Overall, I had a marvelous night. I can't wait to experience Brown and all it has to offer. I'm really looking forward to my trip this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment