Sunday, May 3, 2015

Wonderful Night at One Market

I hurriedly went in the car. We, by no means, could be late. My father drove to BART as if we were bring chased by a group of lunatics. Fortunately, we made it just in time! We were even a bit early. Don talked for a brief moment about what to expect and what was expected of us. Without much delays we made our way to the escalators to the second floor. Of course, there had to be small problems with some of the boarding passes but nothing too major. 
El Cerrito Plaza BART outside view from the second floor.

Once we got to the second floor, I talked with some of the girls and their parents too. Everyone is really nice. I'm sure we will become great friends.

Surprisingly, when BART got there, it wasn't full like it usually is. Everyone got a seat. Most of us even sat together and got to mingle for a while. The way there was pretty much a piece of cake. I wish I could say the same thing about the way back!

When we finally arrived at our final stop, we were greeted with the beautiful tall buildings in San Francisco. I couldn't help but look up at the awe striking architecture. Our whole group managed to stay together and make it to what I can only describe as an exquisite restaurant. One Market is a very elegant restaurant that I assure you would leave you wanting to go back.

Once we walked in we started to talk with the sponsors and alums. Everyone was very nice and charismatic. They almost had me convinced that Brown was my dream university! 

On my table, I had the pleasure of sitting with Alice Pinero, Simon Hong, Mahi and her mother. Mahi totally nailed the speech. I completely agree with her. This experience will be so beneficial to all of us in many ways. Throughout the dinner, we had very meaningful conversations. Mahi's mother told us about a project in Afghanistan that she was a part of. This really made me think of how I can make the world a better place just like Mahi and her mother are doing. We also talked about Brown and it's many opportunities over a delicious plate of short ribs.
Brown cohort, sponsors and alums
After we ate and conversed it was time for pictures! Don being the great photographer he is took some great pictures of the cohort, sponsors and alums.

After we took the pictures, we said our goodbyes and we couldn't forget about the pretty flowers, of course. Fringed tulips were the starts of the bouquet. Everyone was talking about them. Over all the dinner was wonderful and the company was even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment