Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Giving Thanks to All who Contributed at the School Board Meeting

I was so anxious. Once again, I didn't prepare my outfit. It took me about an hour and a half to get ready. My parents have a history of always arriving tardy; especially my mother. I arrived at about  5:40. When I got there, I was warmly welcomed by other ILCers. It was lovely to mingle with the other kids traveling to the east coast like me.

I spoke with Esme and Mahi from my cohort at first then girls from different cohorts joined us. I spoke to Cindy from my cohort after as well which led me to talk to my friend Stephen from the Cornell cohort. It was so much fun to talk to everyone. I had a marvelous time because of that.

When all the Brown cohort gathered, our chaperone Tiffani took us outside and gave us our certificates. We went over name pronunciations and practiced lining up. I was nervous when it was our turn to go and face the school board members. There was nothing to be nervous about however. It ran smoothly.

 Well what can I say? I still cannot believe that this is real. Is this even happening? This summer I will not only take a course at Brown University but I will get the chance to visit Yale and Harvard! I'm honestly too excited.

Today I got the chance to meet everyone who contributed in the making of The Ivy League Connection. I can't thank them enough for making dreams into realities. This program will impact our futures greatly.

The speech that Michelle Croda gave encouraged me to never give up. Success is not getting everything right the first time, success is falling but standing back up. She is such an inspiration to me. I relate to her in many ways. I will forever be grateful of this opportunity.

Looking at the camera

No comments:

Post a Comment