Monday, June 1, 2015

The Day Is Almost Here

Today, the Ivy League Connection had an orientation at Pinole Middle School. We all had the chance to discuss most of the things that we will be doing to get ready for the trip and once we are in Rhode Island. What we need, and the departing/departure times. Most of this information I had already heard from the first time we met.
The Examples and Loaners
One of the alums that were there mentioned all the things she did and how the Woman and Leadership class worked. She had been in this program about 4 years ago. Her small speech made me feel much better about arriving at Brown University. She talked about the dorms, the project she did in the class, and the delicious food. I really hope I like the food. I would really be willing to try a lot of new food. Of course, as long as they do not contain anything I am allergic to. I really did not expect the dorms to be about 7 minutes from class. I am going to be doing a lot of things I am not used to. She also mentioned her roommate and the wonderful group of girls she met and kept touch with them after years. I really hope I get to bond with the girls the same way. 
The Luggage
Don talked about all our luggage and necessities just like last time. Although he had already told us not to pack more than what we need, I really did not expect we would have to carry our luggage with no elevator in the hot weather. This made me think twice about what I plan on taking. Now, I am sure I will pack only what I need and what I can carry. I am glad I already have most of the things we will be needing. One less thing to worry about. 
At first, my parents were a little worried about the trip. After Ms. Neal mentioned to all the parents not to worry about us and we are going to be supervised, it made my parents a lot less concerned. Especially about me eating. Luckily there will be a cafeteria there where we will have access to. 
I am really looking forward to get together with Ms.Neal and the girls to learn more about each other and talk even more about the trip. I am sure we will bring back great memories. I am also looking forward to visiting Harvard, Yale, and Wellesley. It is really an honor. I hope we get to visit the place where there is fire on water, as the alum mentioned before. I am praying the weather does not ruin our plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment