Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Orientation! Orientation! Orientation!

Pinole Middle School Office
June 1, 2015 marks a very important day. It is the day that the ILC dream finally starts becoming real to me. Before it seemed oh so far away, but now it's really here and I can hardly wait. 

I made my way home with a bounce in my step and a growl in my tummy. I helped my sister with the kids in the daycare for a short while and then grabbed a bite to eat. My father decided to join me on my quest to make the perfect sandwich. We nailed it perfectly, if I do say so myself. Shortly after, we set out to Pinole Middle school. I got worried because of the heavy traffic on the freeway but in the end, we were even early. 

Once we parked, we headed over to the clipboards to sign ourselves in. When we walked in we were surprised by how many people there were. I thought there was going to be way more people! My father and  I took a seat on the table in middle next to Wendy and her father.

Shortly after the orientation began. Don called up all the chaperons so they could introduce themselves and give a brief descriptions about their experience with ILC. It was very insightful seeing the personal sides of the chaperons.

After the introductions we split into our cohorts. Since the Brown cohort is the biggest we got to stay in the multipurpose room. Everyone else went to separate classrooms to talk with their chaperon. Tiffani started by having us do the signature sheets, once that was completed, we got the rough outline of our itineraries. We will be on the East Coast for about three weeks.We will be arriving one day early at our dorm rooms so we don't have to rush. I am excited to see who I will be rooming with!
 
Loaner Luggage 


After the individual meetings came to an end, Don gave a few pointers on packing and talked about loaner items. He has everything that us, ILCers will need for our adventures. I will be borrowing a laptop and or  course a safety cable. Wouldn't want to get robbed!

When Don was done explaining to us what the loaner items were and there were no more questions, we were dismissed to go home. It surprisingly ended early. It was estimated to end at 8 PM but it ended around 7:30 PM.

The orientation was very informational. I got to talk to my chaperon more as well as learning more information about our schedule during our stay at Brown University.

I am so excited about this summer. I will learn so much and experience so many new things. I am positive that this opportunity will change my life forever in ways that I cannot even imagine at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment